Light/Glare on window

I installed my security cam two days ago, indoors, pointing at a window.
I had fairly clear visibility the first night. The second night though, a light seems to be projecting onto the window that wasn’t there the night before. After playing with the settings and unplugging/replugging the device, the light/glare disappeared.
It’s back this evening and everything I tried yesterday isn’t working.
Nothing has changed… position is the same, same lighting outside.

2 Likes

Try turning off the Infrared light.
In settings, go to devices, the camera, device settings, video settings, turn off Infrared for night vision.
I attached a screenshot of the last page.

3 Likes

Anyone know of any coatings/films that one could put on the window to deplete the glare? I am having the same issue and need to keep the IR on to create a good picture at night.

I am goung to try to move the camera very close to the window to see if that helps.

Anyone fixed this problem, I’m having same issues.

@Arose81, @Eagle328‘s solution worked. They said to turn off IR settings to stop the glare. I used it midnight this morning and it stopped the glare instantly and my device began receiving alerts again.

Open ring app>>> go to device you wish to change the settings for>>>Device settings>>>Video settings>>>Infrared lights for night vision setting (turn off)

Ok the first time i did that it worked, but it came back on, and now it wont turn off. Why?

Hi neighbors. Ring Cameras are not intended to be faced through a window, as the reflective surface of the glass is going to impact the motion detection and the Live View. Some of our indoor Security Cameras offer the option to turn off the IR lights under Device Settings > Video Settings > Infrared Lights for Night Vision. However, I would still suggest not facing your Camera at a window to prevent any issues with the motion detection. If you’re having trouble adjusting the settings on your Camera, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.