Just got a new stick-up cam; how to set up people-only?

I just paid for the yearly package, expecting to be able to change the settings to people-only so I don’t get notifications so frequently. But the online directions say I need to click Smart Settings. I’m working off my app, and I don’t have this option. How may I get it, or is there an updated set of directions for implementing People Only detection?

I believe this is a new feature that is on a slow roll out. You may not have it now, but you should have the new feature in the app soon.

1 Like

Thanks, hoping you’re right. Getting notified on every leaf that moves, or car that passes, is annoying and not why I bought the Ring. :smiley:

@eo1995 wrote:

I believe this is a new feature that is on a slow roll out. You may not have it now, but you should have the new feature in the app soon.

We have an older Stick Up Cam and don’t yet see this feature in the Ring app, but this feature does exist for our Ring Pro doorbell.

It’s found in Settings > Device Settings > Motion Settings.

Could you elaborate? On my app, when I get to Motion Settings , I see options for Motion Wizard, Motion Zones, Motion Schedule, and Motion Frequency. Where would People Only be found in there?

It’s not so much where as when.

Our Stick-Up Cam doesn’t yet show this feature either, even though our Ring Doorbell Pro does, so it’s likely a matter of time before an update to the firmware is downloaded into the Stick-up Cam and an update to the Ring iPhone/Android app becomes available. When it does become available it will likely be in the Motion Detection Setup section of the Ring app.

Perhaps someone from Ring reading this can respond with an estimate of the timing as to when the “People Only” feature will be implemented in the Stick Up Cam.

Hi,
I was wondering where did you purchase a stick up doorbell at? I’m in an apartment and we can’t use the wired type.
Thanks,
Lisa

Hi @Slingblade123. This thread is talking about the Stick Up Cam, which is a Security Camera and not a Doorbell. You can find all of our Doorbells on Ring.com here, and there will be both battery powered and hardwired options. The Video Doorbell 3 and the Video Doorbell 4 are both battery powered and may work better for an apartment without an existing doorbell system. :slight_smile: