Issues with Indoor Camera

Hi, I recently bought 3 ring indoor cameras & 1 outdoor camera. 2 of the indoor & the 1 outdoor camera are working fine. One of the indoor cameras will connect to the wifi for 1 day & then go offline. When I reconnect/resetup it will go again after 1 day. I have tried it in multiple spots & also with a wifi booster. Is there a way I can get help with it?

@colcar wrote:

One of the indoor cameras will connect to the wifi for 1 day & then go offline. When I reconnect/resetup it will go again after 1 day. I have tried it in multiple spots & also with a wifi booster. Is there a way I can get help with it?

Have you tried to do a hard “Factory Reset” on the Indoor cam? Not the ‘soft’ reset with a momentary push on top reset button?

The initial ‘Set-up” of your cam, and same for a Hard “Set-up”, this can be the most delicate process to ensure a glitch-free download of updated firmware. Sometimes, the device doesn’t get a ‘clean’ firmware download during your setup, and can develop a “glitch” later. A hard reset will enable you to start over and delete previous downloaded firmware.

On your cam, depress & hold the Indoor camera’s top reset button for 30 seconds to initiate a hard reset. After you have released the button, the cam should enter set up mode again. Before you scan the ‘code’, check to see if your phone app is still displaying this cam (from previous set-up) and if it is still displayed, remove that cam off your app (Device Settings > General Settings > Remove This Device) before the Scan step.

Note: For a clean firmware update, be relatively close to your Wi-Fi router, and when the cam enters the phase of updating stage, don’t do anything! Do NOT select “Skip” as it downloads its firmware! Wait until your phone app steps by itself to the next part of the step-up process. Also check the Blue Cam light is no longer flashing, … and then wait a minute longer. I’ve just had better luck waiting … I’m just guessing, but I think the full/complete firmware update can take longer than expected (I’ve waited over 6 minutes). I’ve had less future camera issues by waiting long enough before continuing the set-up rest of the steps. It’s just a gut feel … at least I’ve had better luck & less future issues with my cams by waiting (I have quite a few cams).

I hope the hard reset helps you. :slight_smile:

Hi @Boone,

thank you for your helpful reply.

I have tried that now. Its setup again now so I will just wait 1 -2 days to see if it goes offline.

It did not download any firmware so I am assuming it has the latest installed.

Thanks again

@colcar wrote:

Hi @Boone,

thank you for your helpful reply.

I have tried that now. Its setup again now so I will just wait 1 -2 days to see if it goes offline. It did not download any firmware so I am assuming it has the latest installed.

Thanks again

Good that’s its back.

Since you did not do a Soft reset (only a single tap of the reset button) . . . but rather you did a Hard reset (button 30 seconds) . . . and did not select ‘Skip’, and waited until the app self-proceeded to the next page, during that wait-time was when the firmware was downloading. Hard factory resets always do a firmware download.

So, now . . . . fingers-crossed that it stays online for good now! Hope to hear back from you on how if it stays connected in a few days or week :slight_smile:

1 Like