Is there any way to disable the light triggering by motion on the Ring Flood?

My use case - when I’m playing fetch outside with my dog under my backyard cafe lights I don’t need the Ring Flood lights illuminating everything each time he goes by. I might be blind and not seeing something but is there any way to manually stop the light on my ring flood from triggering?

It seems if I use the switch in the mobile app it will turn the light off if it’s on, but the next time the camera detects motion its back on regardless.

I can’t fault this thing for working exactly as designed - but there are times when I don’t need its services lol. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey @tomjonesrocks. There is not a switch like feature for this at this time, but it is something that has been recommended in our Feature Request Board here! Feel free to check that out and give the feature request an upvote.

A work around that you can use in the meantime when you do not want to worry about the Floodlight’s lights coming on is to turn off all of the Motion Zones for the lights when you will be outside for long periods of time, but you will need to turn them back on after the fact. This will be done under the main menu > Devices > Floodlight Cam > Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones for the Lights and you will turn off all three zones. Hope this helps in the meantime! :slight_smile:

Same problem. Can’t even find a work-around. Turned off the power. What a pain.

Same problem. Super frustrating that we can’t prevent the light from turning on. Seems to me that would be the first feature you would add when designing a light. On and off. So simple.