cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to install a stick up plugin outdoors?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is there a way to install a stick up plugin outdoors?

Hi guys. I have 6 different cameras and 3 models, these stick up ones are giving me a headache.

They bought the Stick Up Plugins. I see it's an AC/DC adaptor with a barrel tip. I don't understand how they will be installed outdoors. Can I just buy some $30 POE adaptors from Ring store, cat5e, and a POE switch? 

I ask because I see there's a Stick Up Camera POE version. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to install a stick up plugin outdoors?

Hey @WhenInRome. I recommend following this Youtube video here that describes how to set up the Stick Up Cam Plugin, as it talks about how to install the Outdoor Adapter as well. This is going to be a setup with a longer chord for you to plug into the wall. Since the Stick Up Cam Plugin does not have an ethernet cable port, you are unable to set it up like an Elite at this time. 

P.S. Love the username! Cat Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @WhenInRome. I recommend following this Youtube video here that describes how to set up the Stick Up Cam Plugin, as it talks about how to install the Outdoor Adapter as well. This is going to be a setup with a longer chord for you to plug into the wall. Since the Stick Up Cam Plugin does not have an ethernet cable port, you are unable to set it up like an Elite at this time. 

P.S. Love the username! Cat Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you, I was going to put "The Promise" or "When You Need a Friend"  but they didn't feel right.

I'll put the cameras indoors then.