Is there a doorbell trigger for the stick up cam?

I can set my stick up cam to record when my doorbell senses motion, but is there a way I can instead set it to record when someone pushes the doorbell?

I don’t need the stick up cam to record over every motion sensed event but if it records when the doorbell is rung, it would give me a good alternative angle viewing of people in front of my home. This area is beyond the stick up cam’s motion range and also obscured as my stick up camera is inside my patio and my doorbell is outside. The stick up cam has a much better view of the people standing at the gate whereas the doorbell has a good view of those to the left and right of the gate outside of my stick up cam’s visual range. This is also because the aisle where my doorbell is only 3 feet deep so images recorded by the doorbell are super distorted.

If this not an existing feature, I wonder why motion is the only available trigger. If it an already existing feature, can someone help me find where the setting is buried?

Great question @jnliao77! At this time, the linked devices feature options are triggered by motion. While there are a couple choices for reaction (motion/ lights) depending on your Camera, this operation can only be initiated by a motion.

Adding to your ‘Ring of security’ is a great way to obtain more automation and options. We’ve seen many neighbors utilize the Smart Lighting Bridge and a couple well placed Smart Lights, to extend their linked devices abilities.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: