Indoor camera not working

I have re-set the camera and downloaded the Ring app again. I get nothing. Black screen and “loading … activating device”. The camera is plugged into a power source, and the signal is strong.

This is very frustrating. This camera is to help us with our son who is disabled, and I don’t know if I just need to ditch Ring and find something more reliable. This is a persistent problem. The camera at the door (which I’ve just noticed is also NOT working) was recently wired to the electrical and was doing just fine.

I feel like I bought very expensive toys that just don’t do what I need them to do, even if my needs are simple.

@mdbringasgarcia wrote:

I have re-set the camera and downloaded the Ring app again. I get nothing. Black screen and “loading … activating device”. The camera is plugged into a power source, and the signal is strong.

This is very frustrating. This camera is to help us with our son who is disabled, and I don’t know if I just need to ditch Ring and find something more reliable. This is a persistent problem. The camera at the door (which I’ve just noticed is also NOT working) was recently wired to the electrical and was doing just fine.

I feel like I bought very expensive toys that just don’t do what I need them to do, even if my needs are simple.

Check you have the correct location set in the app

When you say reset have you held the button down for 30 seconds to reset?
Also did you have disarm mode selected and are trying to set up like that?

The location is correct. In the app I see “motion recorded” and motion detected" but there is no image when I try the live view. I reset by pressing down the button and then waiting a while. Still nothing. Still “motion recorded” and “motion detected”…no image.

The door camera is now working, but the indoor one isn’t. Of the two, the indoor one is a more pressing matter.

I will keep troubleshooting.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, @ChrisJohn! @mdbringasgarciaI’m happy to chime in here. When you attempt to access Live View on the Indoor Cam, are you only seeing an “Activating Device” message and it doesn’t load? If so, I’d definitely suggest reviewing our Community Post on Live View concerns here, which will help you narrow down what may be causing this.

It seems someone was using our WiFi. I changed the password to that once I found a lot of devices that are not ours linked to it.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I appreciate it.

2 Likes