Indoor cam poor sound quality

Hi there.
I’ve installed today my first indoor camera and I like the quality of the video it streams/record. I do have an issue with the audio though, as the quality is extremely poor. When I stream or play videos on my mobile device, there’s a buzz/white sound on the background, even when the room is completely silent. I would understand if it was a quiet noise, but this is so strong I have issues even hearing clearly my partner speaking in the room.
I have changed room, reset the cam, unplugged it and plugged it back, turned my mobile volume up and down and the noise is still there. My internet connection is super good, too. The audio works fine the other way round (from mobile to cam) and the siren it’s also ok. It seems like an issue with the built in mic of the cam.
Does anybody have the same issue? Dues anybody know how to resolve this, please?
Thanks guys!

Hey @Nirvana8517. Do you mind sharing a video example of what this sounds like? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

Hi @Chelsea_Ring! Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay, I’ve just come back from holidays a few minutes ago. I have a video recording where you can hear the weird background noise I keep hearing all the time: https://youtu.be/7-TnmDJ-8qo
Please let me know if this is something commonly heard when viewing live cam or on cam records! :slight_smile:

Thank you for that video example @Nirvana8517! The audio heard in that video is likely due to the idol or low sound environment. With the microphone not having any direct audio to pick up, dead air or environmental noises can certainly be heard. There doesn’t looks to be any static or feedback, and the video looks smooth and clear in operation. This is a great sign that network connection is sufficient.

This sound is nothing to be concerned about, but to be sure, it is best to test videos where there are two way conversations, or consistent direct audio, to ensure the intended audio is being delivered without interference. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: