Indoor cam goes offline

I installed my indoor cam yesterday. I noticed that the setup voice of the camera is very muffled and can’t understand what is being said. Regardless, I managed to set it up and connected to the internet. It doesn’t take long for the camera to completely shut down and go offline. I have to keep pressing the reboot button for it to go back online. I’m wondering if this cam is defective.

Sorry to hear about this experience @akhalifa! Please ensure your Indoor Cam is located close to the router and not too close to any appliance or large electronics that might block wifi signals. Your Cam’s connection strength can be seen via the device health section in your Ring app.

If your Indoor Cam is still not remaining connected after confirming an optimal network connection, please check that the power adapter is connected properly. A reset may also help with this, which can be performed by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I am experiencing a similar issue, my battery powered indoor camera has now frozen / lost connection 3 times in under 2 weeks and the only temporary fix is reset it however soon after doing so it tries to update something and does so every time, also resetting all previous settings. Something is definitely wrong. My camera is close to my router, its connection is good and fast and it is located indoors looking through a window in a cool dry place. I’ve gone through the help topics with no luck and your chat system isn’t working. Please advise.

Sorry to hear of this @Parkerlings! If you’ve tried the above recommendations to no avail, our support team will be able to assist by phone. During this time our chat and email support is not in operation, per our Response to Covid19. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile: