Indoor cam clicking noise

I recently purchased an indoor camera and every night when we sit to watch TV it starts making annoying clicking noises. This doesn’t seem to happen at day only seems to happen at night when we sit to watch TV. It’s set on home mode and is not recording but continues to make the clicking noise which is becoming very annoying. I didn’t realize until after I purchased it that it seems to be a known problem but I don’t see a solution for stopping this. It’s gotten to the point where it’s so annoying we now unplug it which defeats the purpose of having a camera to begin with. Is there a solution to this problem? I may end up returning it if this is a known problem that RING hasn’t bothered to fix

Hi @djy1691. Do you notice that the IR filter is coming on when this is happening and you hear this clicking sound? You can notice this by looking at the front of your Indoor Cam and you will see a red light on the front with the clicking sound, as this is the night vision coming on for the camera. It’s possible the TV being on makes it bright enough that it doesn’t need the night vision, but sometimes needs it when the scene on the TV may be dark or in between commercials when it’s a black screen, thus making it dark in a dimly lit or not lit room.

If you want, you can try to eliminate this sound from happening by turning off the Infrared Lights for Night Vision in your settings. You will go into the Ring app > main menu > Devices > Indoor Cam > Device Settings > Video Settings > and toggling off Infrared Lights for Night Vision. Let me know if this helps! :slight_smile: