cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indoor cam clicking noise

New Neighbor

Re: Indoor cam clicking noise

We are having the same issue, but only started today. Had no issues for the first two weeks of install. IPhone no clicking, IPad clicking - just with live view. Tried moving the devices away into another room (in case it was interference from iPad (not cellular) but still iPad causes periodic clicks and iPhone does not. My dogs were freaking out when I put on live-view periodically and this is why Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just set up the camera and the clicking sound started immediately.   These forum provides no solution.        

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same issue but it starts clicking anytime I remote log in to view camera. This started happening after the free recording trial ended. Is my camera defective or is it Ring trying to get a subscription possibly?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've had my indoor cam up for a couple of weeks in my living room. As someone said at the beginning of this thread, it appears to be the IR filter mechanically engaging when night vision activates. You can always see the IR LEDs light up when the click occurs and off again on the next click.

In my case it becomes a big issue when watching a movie in a darkened room as it clicks in and out of night vision depending on the movie brightness.

Turning off night vision in the cam settings does not stop it as you would hope.

Ring, please fix this in firmware and software. Please at least disable the IR filter from operating when night vision is disabled. It is unusable in its current state. Very few people can tolerate the clicking in living and sleeping places. I note the more expensive indoor/outdoor elite cams are significantly quieter on the verge of being unnoticeable when the ir filter clicks in.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

I have the new inside cams in every room in my house. But I never hear them. My old cam of another brand does make clicks while watching TV. Unless your room is extremely quiet, you shouldn't hear anything. It may be a hardware defect.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Got mine back in January when they first came out in the UK but only just installed it in the last couple of weeks. Seems a fair few people are noticing these clicks so perhaps the initial batches had issues?

Unfortunately not every movie blasts out at full volume and often darker scenes are accompanied by quieter moments only to be joined in the corner by a "click" from the camera. Very distracting and just shouldn't be causing people to look around to see what the noise was whilst trying to immerse themselves in a Dolby Atmos 7.2 audio experience.

Ok I'll escalate to Ring as a fault and see what they have to say.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Might be a bad batch. And I love my Dolby Atmos as well. Incredible sound. Like I said. I don't hear it on my Ring cam.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Well live chat to get through to Ring is pointless, just terminates with no option to chat with anyone. Reviews pointing to the clicking suggest that replacements have had the same issue.

Has anyone here who has experienced the click on the Indoor Cam had one replaced with something that worked better? I have a Ring Doorbell Pro and two Elite Cams and no issues with those, just with this nasty little Indoor Cam.