Indoor Ring Camera keeps resetting

Hi,

My one indoor ring cam will “reset” after a day. It seems to lose the configuration for no reason and I then need to reconnect it to the network. It will randomly announce “Ring setup Mode”. It seems to happen randomly after a day or 2. My other ring cameras (another indoor Ring came, Outdoor Ring Cam, and Ring doorbell) are connected to the same network and do not experience this. No power bumps nor network bumps have happened and the unit receives a strong signal from the WiFi. It’s just the one camera that experiences this.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks

Hi @ColinShepp! Thank you for sharing this experience in great detail. With your other Cams working just fine, the best first step here would be to perform a reset on the Indoor Cam in question by holding the setup button for 20 seconds.

If this concern persists after reset, try moving the Camera closer to the router and to another power outlet as a test, and monitor it’s connection from there. This will factor out any environmental factors. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi, Thank you for the suggestion. I did try it a few times and the camera will still randomly reset. The last reset happened again this morning absolutely random. I was sitting at my desk composing an email and the camera suddenly said “welcome to ring!”. When I went to check the settings…they had all vanished and I had to reconnect the camera again. At this point, I just want to exchange the camera. Its twin is working flawlessly so it obviously is just his particular camera. I purchased both cameras as part of a set.

Now I just need to figure out how to exchange it as purchased via Amazon over 90 days ago.

But thanks for your suggestion.

Hey @ColinShepp. Chiming in for Marley! If you are unable to do an exchange with Amazon, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.