Indoor Cam

Hello, I just received the indoor cam I ordered a few days ago and I have a couple of questions. When I first bought the cam I was under the impression for some reason that you plugged it in to charge up and then remove the charging plug, but I’m not sure that’s the case? One other question I had is it possioble to view what the camera is recording on my computer and if so how do I do that? Thank you for your help.

Hi @scorpio012! The Indoor Cam requires constant power from the power adapter to operate. That being said, the chord is 6.5’ in length to allow for various mounting scenarios.

As for viewing on the computer, this is certainly possible! You may download the Ring app on a compatible Mac or Windows laptop, which will allow you to review events and live view notifications. There is also the option to access your recording history via web browser by signing into your Ring account on Ring.com. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Marley,

Thank you for answering my question and so quickly! Unforunately I need to admit that I am not very computer literate and so my question may seem elementary to you. I have my Cam set up for my phone, but I would really like to have it set up on my computer as well. Can you provide me with step by step instructions on how to do so? I would extremely grateful if you could! Thanks again.

1 Like

No worries at all @scorpio012! This is what the Community is here for :slight_smile:

Now that you have your devices setup on your phone, your Ring account will automatically reflect this no matter what device you sign in on. From a web browser on your computer, type “Ring.com/app” in the address bar and hit enter. This will automatically download the latest compatible Ring app to your computer, as long as the computer is compatible (Mac OSX or Windows 10).

Once the app is downloaded, you’ll simply use the same credentials for your Ring app to sign in, and this will grant you access to the Ring app on your computer. You’ll be happy to see any devices you setup on your mobile app will reflect here as well!

You may also log in at Ring.com/account to view your Event history list from a browser window. If the computer you are using is not compatible with the Ring application, this will be the best option for viewing recordings on your computer.