Indoor Cam Issues

We purchased a set of indoor cameras at the end of April. One of the cameras has been giving us constant trouble. It keeps randomly going in to set up mode or disconnecting from the WiFi. I have tried reconnecting the device, deleting and resetting it up, changing the WiFi it’s on, restarting the WiFi, and simply unplugging and replugging it in. Please help.

Hey @kaleykins92. What is the RSSI for that camera? How far is it from the router? You can check out our Community post here for more information on RSSI and our Help Center Article here to help troubleshooting a possible poor RSSI you may have.

Hello, I am having the same issue. My camera is about 10 feet from the bad station with line of sight. My RSSI is in the 30’s consistently. I have had the camera go offline three times since purchase a month ago. The first two times were within a few days. Then three weeks passed and it happened again. I have not had this issue with my doorbell camera or outdoor camera.

1 Like

Hi! The RRSI is -45. It is roughly 20 feet from the router. It is doesn’t he hallway from the router.
I have tried connecting it to the router itself and two different WiFi extenders (one of which is right next to it) and it continues to have the problem.

Hi neighbors! Thanks for including more detail on what is happening for both of your situations. Since both of you are having the same concern of your Indoor Cam failing offline, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Press and hold the setup button on the Indoor Cam for 20 seconds.
  • Go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Indoor Cam > Device Health > Reconnect/Change Wifi Network.
  • From here this will walk you through another setup of your device, and then monitor the device from here to see if it continues to fall offline.

In the event your device may continue to fall offline and not function as it should, I recommend following up with our support team directly on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Please come back to the Community to let me know how this goes, as your answer may help the other neighbor here or future neighbors to come. Hope to hear from you both soon. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea, I contacted support and I was told to reconnect it to WiFi but if it disconnected within 24 hours to reply to an email the customer service agent sent me and they would process a replacement. The camera disconnected after a few hours and went into “set up mode” by itself again. I cannot find the email to reply to the agent in my inbox or junk. Do I have to call again?

@kaleykins92 Thanks for getting back to me! Since you have yet to receive that email, I do recommend giving them a call back. They should be able to pull up the previous ticket and process that replacement for you. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delayed response! Yes I was given a replacement and the new device has had no issues. Thank you!!

1 Like