IR glare off wall

Hi Guys,

i installed a battery stick up cam at the weekend, looks great and love that I can block off a privacy zone so i’m not seeing next door’s yard.

However as soon as the sun goes down the IR is reflecting off the wall, the camera is mounts on the Ring arm mount and can’t really go further out from the wall, is there anyway to restrict the IR output to one side of the camera? or maybe to tape over the IR LEDs closest to the wall?

Hey @bigj_309. While there is not a way to turn off or adjust the IR sensor, you can definitely put some black electrical tape over it! I’ve seen other neighbors in this Community forum try that as well when they have a similar concern, so I recommend to give it a try and see if it helps. Additionally, I’ve passed on your feedback to the appropriate team.

If you’d like, feel free to add this a feature request in our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :smiley_cat: