How to tell what "Generation" StickUp Cam I own?

I purchased two StickUp Cams (Battery) to add to my Ring security system. The box proclaims “New” but I noticed there are three generations of StickUp Cams. How can I tell which one I have so if I need accessories or parts I get the correct stuff?

Hey @ygbsm248. Our support team here can let you know what generation you may, but if you take a picture and show us, I’m sure we can also dissect this in the Community for you. :slight_smile:

Here are three views of my StickUp Cam.

Sorry. Messaging system would only allow me to send one photo. It is the back of the camera with the solar plug-in port exposed.

@ygbsm248 No worries! After taking a look, it looks like you got the newest generation and have the Stick Up Cam 3rd Generation.

How to tell what “Generation” StickUp Cam I own?

Hi @KGeiger ! We can help. Want to upload a photo of your device? Or head to Ring.com and check out our Camera’s page. You can then match the photo to your device :slight_smile:

How can I tell what Generation my new Ring Stick up battery camera is?

Hi @SeanPM. You can look at the Camera page on our website and match the photos to your device, or you can upload a few photos of your device here and we can help. :slight_smile:

Re: How to tell what “Generation” StickUp Cam I own?

I don’t understand, why can you tell us how to figure it out ourselves? I’d like to know what Gen my ring cams are, I gave 5 of them, I would like to know HOW I can determine what generation cam they are.

Thank you,

Hi @d_rock. You can find the name of your Ring device on the original packaging, on the back of the device itself, and on the Device Health page in the Ring app. If you’re on the Device Health page, scroll down to Device Details and you will see the product name. Hope this helps!

1 Like