How to stop recording motion from indoor camera when disarmed?

How do I stop my indoor camera from recording everytime I walk in the room, when the ring alarm is disarmed?

Hey @JudoRock. You will need to ensure you have the Modes settings set up correctly for the Indoor Cam. If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Modes > Disarmed > Cameras > Indoor Cam > you will want Motion Detection disable, and Live View as well, if you’d wish. After this, go into Home mode, and then back into Disarmed mode, and the cameras should cease picking up motion for you.

2 Likes

I followed that process and the recordings stopped - for a while, but now the camera is again recording my movements even though I have the camera set to “motion detction disabled” in Disarmed mode. And the system is disarmed.

@JudoRock Thanks for getting back to me! At this time, since it’s still not working as it should, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Same issue. Disarmed mode and removed the indoor cam (3rd gen stick up). Still records motion. Reset the cam and reinstall iOS app. No help.

Will see if support has any help.

The same thing is happening to me.

This is the second time that my stick up cams have started to record motion and video while the system is disarmed and the cameras are set to not record motion or video in the disarmed mode.

What is the fix for this?

Wait times for phone help are unacceptably long.