How high must I install a new Junction Box for the Ring Floodlight Camera?

I plan on installing a Ring Floodlight Camera.

But, since there is not a current floodlight where I want to install the Ring Floodlight Camera, a new junction box must be 1st installed.

QUESTION:

In order to have the motion detector part 9’ off the ground as recommended by Ring, how high must I install the junction box?

I need to know what the distance is from the “top” of the junction box to the “bottom” of the motion detector part.

Great question @DonC . We recommend you use a 4 inch round waterproof junction box. This can be mounted at 9 feet. The lights and camera are centered to be as level as possible with the junction box, for easy mounting and angling. Hope this helps!

Just to make sure I am understanding you correctly.

If I mount the center of the Junction Box at 9 feet, the Motion Detector can be adjusted so that the bottom tip of the Motion Detector will be 9 feet off the ground (as recommended by Ring).

All of the pictures I have seen on Ring of the Floodlight Camera installed shows the Motion Detector to be below the Junction Box.

That is correct @DonC . Just to clarify, we recommend the Floodlight Cam be mounted at 9 feet as this is optimal for light illumination, lens field of view, and motion detection. We are not looking for any one component to be at 9 feet, but the Camera as a whole will work best if mounted at that height.

Check out the bottom portion of this article regarding Floodlight Cam positioning, you’ll see it loosely states “around 9 feet” as well as a quick tip about mounting higher being better than mounting lower. Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

The base of my Floodlight camera is 5" in diameter. How do you connect that to a 4" junction box?