Floodlight cam mounting

Is it possible to order a U.S style mounting plate to affix my new floodlight, i am in the U.K and the mounting plate is made out of a very thin plastic which broke on my other floodlight when fitting it

Hi @Tango250. I would not recommend ordering a part that is not specific to your region. There may be subtle differences that can cause issue when trying to mount. You can find spare parts for you Ring Devices here.

Our floodlight cam mounting plate also cracked during installation even though we were very careful. It is very thin plastic and fragile. Should be metal for more strength. I have looked on the spare parts list and cannot find a replacement wall mount for the floodlight cam. Worried now if we ever have to take it down, we will not have a wall mounting plate. How can we obtain a replacement ? Thank you.

Sorry to hear about this, @LD_66. It looks like this part is not included in the Spare Parts Kit on Ring.com. If your local hardware store did not have this part, feel free to reach out to our support team. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Hi, unfortunately I also encountered the same issue when fitting a replacement floodlight cam. The plastic mount isn’t strong enough and it is too brittle around the bolts. As soon as you tighten the nut caps the plastic cracks as it is too thin at the base around the bolt.

Ring customer service are excellent and will send out a replacement plastic mount.

Hi @AB. Chiming in for Marley here! Thank you for sharing your concern. This is feedback that I can share with my team. With this being a neighbor to neighbor support forum, and not a direct line to support, the best way to get this issue tracked would be to contact our support team. This ensures that a support ticket is created and any concerns regarding that support ticket are notated and tracked. Thank you for being a valued neighbor and I, or a team member, will share any new information regarding this topic once we receive any updates.