Floodlight cam is buzzing loudly

This afternoon my floodlight camera started buzzing very loud and continuously. I have to turn off the power to or to get it to stop and it restarts once power is restored.

RSSI is great, nothing has changed in the 2 years I’ve had it, device health is good, firmware is to to date.

Activating live view doesn’t help, with or without activating 2 way. The buzzing is audible on video taken with the app as well.

Any ideas? Attached a video taken with my phone.

1 Like

Hey @stg-ring. Thank you for taking the time to write about what is happening with your Floodlight Cam and sharing this video! There could be a concern with the wiring or the device to make it produce this loud buzzing sound. To confirm this and troubleshoot further, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Please come back and let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. I’m having the same issue. Can you tell me please how you were able to resolve your issue?

1 Like

Having the same issue with my Floodlight. Called tech support, we did a hard re-start but it didn’t work. Loud buzzing sound persisted. Was advised to return the unit to Costco.

1 Like

Same issue here.
WiFi connection is perfect so the floodlight cam’s health check.
Nothing for almost the pas 2 years since we had it installed. It got disconnected from the WiFi for some days though. What can I do remotely?
Best Regards,
Patrick

1 Like

Re: Floodlight cam is buzzing loudly

Same exact issue. Just started.

I appear to have the same issue. We were woken up at 3:00 AM to the buzzing noise from the speaker. While the noise persisted, the camera and floodlight seemed to work just fine. The only issue was the buzzing that woke my family and my neighbors. I reset the power at the panel, and the noise stopped. I certainly hope this is not a recurring issue, and look forward to a resolution being posted to this topic.

Hi @RetroRanch. To build upon what Chelsea said earlier in this topic, this buzzing is often related to power and how this is wired. If this concern persists, I would recommend reaching out to a licensed and trusted electrician. An electrician will be able to diagnose any power related issues related to your cameras wiring. I hope this information helps!

I’m having the same buzzing issue. I purchased on Amazon in January 2020. It works fine otherwise, just a loud buzzing that won’t go away.

I’m having exactly the same issue. Spotlight cam buzzing loudly since June 2020 and about every 3 months since. I just paid an electrician $89 to tell me that everything is fine. Sounds like we all really need RING to research this problem and give us a fix. If we need to replace these units, it should be done at no charge whether in warranty or not. I’d hate to see someone get hurt or a fire start if there is an electrical issue with these units.

3 Likes

Having the same issue

Hi there, neighbors! If you’ve already consulted with a licensed electrician in regards to wiring and installation, and have completed the common troubleshooting steps, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Why do we keep getting the same “answer” to call Ring support when this has been going on since before June 2020 with no solutions? I’ve had Ring devices for years and have always loved them AND the company, but I’ve had this ongoing loud buzzing issue with the floodlight cam since June of 2020. The only way to look at the floodlight cam at all is to mute the volume first. My wiring and all devices are fine, my Ring app and cameras are religiously updated, and none of the “help” works.
Has anyone been able to figure out how to stop this constant annoyance yet?

2 Likes

I had this problem this morning. I woke up to a knock on the door. A friendly police officer said a neighbour called worried that we were being robbed.

I had to turn off the breaker to make the camera stop buzzing. The buzzing did not return after power was restored.

Before you tell me to have an electrician inspect the installation:

1. The device was wired and installed by a licensed electrician
  2. The device has been working for 8 months. I suspect a wiring problem would have shown up before now.
1 Like

Same buzzing problem here. Power cycling fixes it temporarily. Called technical support and was told it is an electrical problem, and I would have to call a licensed electrician to look at the wiring. Even though the wiring was done by a licensed electrician 7 months ago.

1 Like

Same problem here… started about 4 months ago… loud buzzing. Did all the troubleshooting. The only thing that seems to temporarily work is to cut power and then turn it back on. But it only works a few weeks before buzzing again.

RING - how many people need to complain before you will look in to this issue?? Seems to be faulty equipment.

Same problem over here. Ring plug in spotlight camera will make a loud buzzing sound seemingly out of nowhere. This has happened 2 or 3 times and a power cycle stopped it.

Hey neighbors. As previously mentioned, a buzzing sound can often be associated with electrical current. If you are hearing a buzzing noise coming from your powered device, it is best to turn off power going to the device right away and contacting our support team for the next best steps.

1 Like

Same problem, buzzing noise from ring speaker, yet all functions including siren still worked. Power cycle fixed for now. Not an electrical wiring issue.

1 Like