cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight cam is buzzing loudly

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Floodlight cam is buzzing loudly

This afternoon my floodlight camera started buzzing very loud and continuously. I have to turn off the power to or to get it to stop and it restarts once power is restored.

RSSI is great, nothing has changed in the 2 years I've had it, device health is good, firmware is to to date.

Activating live view doesn't help, with or without activating 2 way. The buzzing is audible on video taken with the app as well.

Any ideas? Attached a video taken with my phone.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Floodlight cam is buzzing loudly

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @stg-ring. Thank you for taking the time to write about what is happening with your Floodlight Cam and sharing this video! There could be a concern with the wiring or the device to make it produce this loud buzzing sound. To confirm this and troubleshoot further, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Please come back and let me know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello. I'm having the same issue. Can you tell me please how you were able to resolve your issue?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having the same issue with my Floodlight. Called tech support, we did a hard re-start but it didn't work. Loud buzzing sound persisted. Was advised to return the unit to Costco.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue here.
WiFi connection is perfect so the floodlight cam’s health check.
Nothing for almost the pas 2 years since we had it installed. It got disconnected from the WiFi for some days though. What can I do remotely?
Best Regards,
Patrick