Floodlight cam false detection at night

So far it detected rain or something blowing around the lens, a neighbors cat and now my wife’s van pulling in to the garage, all while supposedly on “people only” detection.

It simply does not discern the difference in movement between a human and everything else at night.

They advertise/specify this:

From the web site:

• Hardwired devices: If you toggle the People Only Mode on, your device will only record and alert you to human being related events.

BUT! This could be a problem:

Note: Occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. Alternatively, you can turn off the People Only Mode setting.

I keep a truck parked not far from this light. Hard to believe they would make a light/camera that people would use to monitor parked vehicles for crime that couldnt work with windshields. I also have a stainless steel worktable outside near this camera that could be reflecting. And this may be why its doing this at night and why it picked up my wifes van pulling in the garage…at night, the lights come on of course, and if reflection from, say, a car window can trigger the motion/camera…THAT might explain some of this. Of course I’d have to cover everything reflective out there to test this…and I may just do that to see.