cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Floodlight cam does not work in the evening.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Floodlight cam does not work in the evening.

My floodlight cam does not work in the evening. I get a black recording. When it happens in the morning, simple restart fixes it usually. 

When it happens in the evening restart, changing wifi and reseting does not work.

Here is a sample recording 

https://ring.com/share/6843995944880766474

I have a doorbell pro and it works fine. So I doubt it is a wifi issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Floodlight cam does not work in the evening.

I assigned static IP to the floodlight camera and assigned it to DMZ. 

It was working during the day but same issue showed up in the evening.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Floodlight cam does not work in the evening.

Hey @bobthebuilder. Nice job doing some testing to get this working during the day, but I'm sorry to hear it's still happening at night time. After taking a look at the video, I feel it would be best to reach out to our support team for further assistance here on this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.