Floodlight cam Snapshot feature not working

The snapshot feature is available in my app settings. When activated I get entries between the actual motion alerts but they all show “This footage is unavailable”.
I had toggles it on and off several times over the last couple days and all difference it made was that it would not show anything on the time line when deactivated but it didn’t bring the actually snapshots in.
Any advice ? Thanks n

Hey @VolkerH! Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device, or trying a new setup on the Cam to see if this improves functionality. Keep in mind that the Snapshot feature may only show for new device setups. Check out our help center article about the Snapshot feature and answers to frequently asked questions. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I did both and it didn’t change the display. It seems to take the snapshot (timeline has the placeholders in between the motion and live view recordings) but selecting the snapshot tile i still get the “This footage is unavailable” message with an icon.

I am having the same issue with my floodlight cam, although the feature is working fine on my ring doorbell 2.

I now added a Doorbell Pro to my set up and the same issue. Snapshot is activated but it says the file is not available on the timeline. On the preview panel I see that image changing occasionally but was never able to see Or browse the snapshots.

I have the same issue on my floodlight cam. Will appreciate help from Ring support staff.

We installed six cameras this month and it does not work on any of them, even after reinstalling the app multiple times. All are stuck on the Version 1.16.00263 firmware.

Did you have any luck with customer support?

I’ve tried twice with customer support but to no avail :frowning:

I was told by tech support that the required firmware upgrade could still be several weeks away. My firmware is currently 1.1600273. I believe the correct new rev should be 2.xx. I am not why the update is taking so long to roll out.

1 Like

I too purchased a defective unit that was marketed to have the snapshot feature functioning. We purchased new in the past month. Ring and Amazon are currently distributing devices that may contain old hardware because they do not practice first in first out inventory methods and did poor validation on their firmware release strategy. We all know now the firmware package that contains snapshot isn’t backwards compatible to units with certain internal hardware peices. Ring should not be selling these faulty devices or their marketing strategy needs to be corrected until a permanent validated solution is implemented. I spent 2+ hours with elevated ring support today on this issue.

I have a ring cam floodlight that gives me the message “The footage is unavailable”. This happens at night. It does not happen during the day. What does this mean?

During the first 2 weeks, I did not get this message, and I got recordings of deer and various other animals at night. Now I get no recordings and the message: “The footage is unavailable”.

@Trekcycler wrote:
I too purchased a defective unit that was marketed to have the snapshot feature functioning. We purchased new in the past month. Ring and Amazon are currently distributing devices that may contain old hardware because they do not practice first in first out inventory methods and did poor validation on their firmware release strategy. We all know now the firmware package that contains snapshot isn’t backwards compatible to units with certain internal hardware peices. Ring should not be selling these faulty devices or their marketing strategy needs to be corrected until a permanent validated solution is implemented. I spent 2+ hours with elevated ring support today on this issue.

Exactly. I believe that Ring Floodlight cameras with firmware 1.16.00273 are bricks. Otherwise, why would mine running 1.16.00273 not at least update to the version running the “Up to Date” version? The Ring Floodlight camera running the “Up to Date” version works very well. Although Ring claims to be working on addressing issues with a 2.x version, this is just a red herring for those running 1.16.00273.

My faulty unit is going back. Ring has Rung.

I’m less than satisfied. We spent over $1k on Ring equiptment less than a month ago and Ring is unable to provide a solution. This is garbage.

Being new here, I started a new thread on this last night.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Community/Poor-Customer-Regarding-Snapshot-Feature/m-p/12792

Many many Ring owners are having the “Version 1.16.00263 firmware” problem. Snapshot not working is the symptom. The firmware will not update is another symptom. Everybody you’ll talk to at Ring assures you they are all over fixing the problem, don’t return you camera for warranty, you need to buy a Chime Pro to improve your IIRS number, blah, blah, blah.

You bought 6 cameras? Wow, that’s like $1400 for cameras that don’t work. I’d bet you are a tad disappointed, just like the rest of us.

1 Like

My flood cam finally received the new firmware update and the snapshot feature now works

After following Meme’s advice, all six of mine are updated and using snapshot as well.

It is my belief, that we finally got their attention.

My floodlight shows firmware „up to date” and the snapshot works :slight_smile:
Doorbell Pro still shows 1.16.00272 and I can’t manually update it seems so I have to wait till Ring thinks it makes sense to update it.

Anyways thanks for everyone that responded and helped to force the solution from Ring.

If your device has yet to update automatically it’s most likely because Ring did not roll the latest update out to 100% of the devices (put all their eggs in 1 basket). They push the firmware out in phases and many of us who called and complained about it had the MAC ID’s of the device added to a list to get the first avaiable firmware push update. If your device MAC ID wasn’t on the rollout list, (which probably included a random % of the population) than your device may not update right away.

But there’s a solution Level 2 Ring support can manually push the new firmware to your device since it’s finally available now.

1. Call Ring Support, option for trouble setting up device
  2. Tell agent what’s wrong and that device is not updating firmware
  3. Advise agent you’ve already completed all the basic steps and that firmware shall update automatically.
  4. Request Level 2 support, don’t waste time with level 1 agents on this issue.
  5. Level 2 support has the ability to push you the update while you’re on the phone with them.

Hope this helps.