Floodlight Lights Won't Shut Off

I had a new Ring floodlight installed on my patio for a week and it worked fine. Because the wiring (power) it was installed on was controlled by a wall switch and I didn’t want it turned off accidentally I had my electrician run new wiring not controlled by a wall switch to my patio.

The problem I am having now is that the floodlights NEVER shuts off. I’ve tried resetting the device, cutting power off/on at the circuit breaker, in the cell phone app (ios) flipping the Lights slider to off, in Live View taping the lightbulb icon on/off but nothing does anything. The lightbulb icon will change color but the lights stay on.

All other functionality such as motion detecting, video, etc works fine.

What could be causing this?

What do I do?

Hey @walterdb! It sounds like this will be best brought up with your electrician. To cover all bases, I recommend checking on any light settings such as sensitivity and duration. Please also ensure there is nothing close by that might be constantly triggering the lights, and that you are not linking this device with another that might be toggling lights.

If the lights are on constantly, even during the day, this would be indicative of installation or power related concerns. If the above steps do not help to resolve your concern with the lights, the best next step would be to inquire with your electrician. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Did you get it fixed? Mine is doing the same thing!