Floodlight Cams - how do we get new firmware?

Floodlight Cams - how do we get new firmware?

some of my floodlight cams can do “snapshots” but not all. They were all purchased at the same time.

Hi @hawaiibee. If you’re having a concern about your Floodlight Cam not being on the most recent firmware, you can double check this at any time in your app under the Device Health. In addition, you can always contact our support team here for them to take a deeper look into this for you.

All my cameras show current firmware. But not all cameras behave the same.

I did talk to tech support (chat) and they told me to call in… what a waste of 1.5 hours.

I wrote to tech support and they told me that cameras installed after Oct. 2019 would have the snap shot feature. But again, (5) of my (8) cameras have it and they were all installed in 2017. Not sure why they can’t push down firmware or confirm it matches between all my cameras.

From Support:

Regarding your concern, Snapshot Capture is only available to selected devices that was set up last October 10, 2019. Only newly set up devices will have this feature available with support for existing devices coming soon.

you can see (2) cameras have (2) different playbacks. see attached.

this one does NOT have the snapshot ability.

@hawaiibee Thank you so much for getting back to me on how the experience was for you. We really appreciate any and all feedback we get from neighbors, so I will make sure to pass this on for you to the appropriate team. Please note that Snapshot Capture is a feature that we are slowly rolling out.

It may be worth a shot to reset the devices by holding down the setup button for 30 seconds, and then remove the devices that do not have this feature from your account, only to re-set them up. Reinstalling the cameras after a reset does install the latest firmware, and if it’s the firmware that gives you the Snapshot Capture feature, then you’re all set! Rest assured, even if you perform this and do not have it still, it will be coming to your shortly.

resetting a floodlight cam is not the easiest thing to do as they are mounted high up.

What version does the snapshot get enabled? Ring should also show what firmware each camera is running… mine just shows “up to date”.

@hawaiibee I do not have that information available, as it is for different hardware versions of the devices as well that can get it at later times. All Floodlight Cams should have received this snapshot feature at this point though, I can confirm that. If you are unable to do the reset, please contact our support team to see if they can assist with this.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.