cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight Cams: Changing wi-fi Network (SSID)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Floodlight Cams: Changing wi-fi Network (SSID)

My floodlight cams are 12-25 up on the house. I'm happy with them. I'm changing my networking to isolate my security components and certain other internet of things (IoT) devices and I need to change the SSID for my five floodlight cams. The in-app process is not working. The floodlight cam never enters setup mode. I've tried all five. I've also tried each one after power cycling. Is getting someone to climb a ladder the only way to put these things into setup mode? Thank you for any advice.

Regards to the community and be well./Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Floodlight Cams: Changing wi-fi Network (SSID)

Hey @sjdmd. To put the device into setup mode, you need to press the button on the top of the device. This is the only way to get it into setup mode, and from there you can change the wifi network under device health. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Floodlight Cams: Changing wi-fi Network (SSID)

Useless to me. If someone has to climb a ladder to put these into setup mode, they might as well replace these devices. I'll investigate alternative devices, something I should have done before investing in Ring.