Floodlight Cams: Changing wi-fi Network (SSID)

My floodlight cams are 12-25 up on the house. I’m happy with them. I’m changing my networking to isolate my security components and certain other internet of things (IoT) devices and I need to change the SSID for my five floodlight cams. The in-app process is not working. The floodlight cam never enters setup mode. I’ve tried all five. I’ve also tried each one after power cycling. Is getting someone to climb a ladder the only way to put these things into setup mode? Thank you for any advice.

Regards to the community and be well./Steve

Hey @sjdmd. To put the device into setup mode, you need to press the button on the top of the device. This is the only way to get it into setup mode, and from there you can change the wifi network under device health. Hope this helps steer you in the right direction! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Useless to me. If someone has to climb a ladder to put these into setup mode, they might as well replace these devices. I’ll investigate alternative devices, something I should have done before investing in Ring.

1 Like

Same here, I’m 70, and the floodlight is on the top of the gable end.
Like sjdmd said, if I’m paying some to go up there, I may as well replace it with a better make.
Surely there must be some other way?

I am 69 yrs old and I don’t do ladders. Why can’t we change the wifi network on all cameras at the same time?

Hi Neighbors. I’m happy to let you know that you can now reconnect your Ring Devices without having to climb up a ladder! You can now have your Ring Device enter Setup Mode from the Ring app. This feature is still rolling out to all users, so make sure that your Ring app is up to date as this feature makes its way to you.

2 Likes

I have the same situation here. I cannot climb up to my roof and risk my life just to do a simple WiFi reconnection setup, or pay someone $100 to do it for me. Why can’t Ring support do this remotely for me instead?

This is not true that this issue was resolved, I’m having the same issue, I have four cameras, all of them 15 ft or above, so now I’m supposed to climb up a ladder to change these? These? That’s what I was told by support. Considering that Amazon even recommends regularly changing network passwords, as does any system administrator for my business, I’m unclear as to why it would be expected for someone to climb up a ladder every time to simply change a password???

1 Like