Floodlight Camera stopped recording video and snapshots

Hi there,

I have a Floodlight Camera that has worked perfectly for ~20 days, including a few days that we have been away. Since this morning, however, when we checked the camera the live view is showing the same still image and not a live video. The snapshots are not updating to a new image either. The funny thing is that when I activate the two-way sound I can hear cars going past the house but I still see the same still image and not live video.

We are away until tomorrow so I cannot physically check the camera, but the app shows a good signal strength. The same happens in both my iOS app on mine and my wife’s phones, the computer app, and the iOS app on a neighbour’s iPad…

Any advice? Ring support not available.

Thanks!

Hi @George_15WH. If possible, can you share a video example showing that the video is a still photo while the audio continues to play? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. This will give me a better idea of what you’re experiencing so I can offer some guidance. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

Thanks for your reply. What email address can I send this to? It might be easiest to share the recording.

Thanks again!

@George_15WH No worries on attaching a video if you’re not able to share it here. Can you let me know what the RSSI number for your Camera is from the Device Health screen? You can learn more about RSSI and how it may affect your Ring’s performance in this Help Center Article here.