Floodlight Camera mounting bracket sheared off

The mounting bracket for the floodlight cam isn’t great, made of “weak” plastic. When simply hand tightening the plastic nut for the cover, the screw came out with it shearing off the mounting bracket. The material for this bracket needs to be more robust. This carries a lot of load, and there are only 2 screws for cover. So, the holes on the mounting bracket for these 2 screws have quite high stress concentration. This type of plastic certainly isn’t the right material for the job, and makes the installation not very secure. Ring, please improve this as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Hi @M-A-S. Thanks for sharing your feedback and attaching some photo examples. In the instance that the mounting bracket for your Floodlight Cam is damaged, you’ll want to reach out to our support team directly. They’ll be able to look into replacing this part for you if possible. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring, I have already contacted the support team and arranged for a replacement. Nice to see that you are trying to help. But the purpose of this post was to share my feedback with Ring and Ring customers. The mounting bracket quality is poor, and I am quite disappointed. It makes the installation unsafe. The material of this bracket needs to be more robust to withstand the high stress concentration in the screw holes. These holes shear off too easy. For a product this expensive, the quality cannot be compromised.

2 Likes