Floodlight Camera - can't connect to Wireless

Hello,

I recently installed both my floodlight camera and video doorbell pro over the weekend. Doorbell pro went great and had no issues. The floodlight camera I got wired correctly and it turns on. The outdoor light is attached to an on/off normal light switch, so I ensure the light is on while going through the setup process. The problem I have is I can’t get it configured. Throughout the setup I’m looking for the bottom of the device to flash to then proceed to connect it to my wireless. I’ve never been able to get this to occur and I’m wondering if I have a bad device.

The lights are always on and never turn off - is my first problem. They only shut off for a quick second, then turn back on again. They seem to stay on for about15 seconds, flash off, then stay on again for 15 seconds. They do this regardless if it is day or night out, so I don’t think it is something setting the sensor off. I also wonder if this is what is causing me to not be able to hard reset the device when I hold the button down for 30 seconds since this pattern occurs while trying to hard reset.

Does anyone have a recommendation about what to do?

Hey @ILiveInPA. I’d recommend trying to reset the Floodlight cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, try and walk through the setup process again and see if you can get it up and running in the Ring App. If that doesn’t work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps if needed. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends if you reach out to them, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’m getting a new camera sent to me.

1 Like