Floodlight Cam ??

I have 2 floodlight cams, a ring pro, and a mesh WiFi system. I have a 1Gbps fibre line with 100 Mbps upload and all over my devices have “very good” WiFi strength (as does my mobile device).

Despite all of the above, when I receive a motion notification for either of my floodlight cams I am unable to connect as I get “streaming error”. On the occasions that I am able to get into live view it takes a matter of minutes to actually connect - Not great if someone is trying to snoop into my house.

If this doesn’t get sorted I will be binning these ring cameras and changing to another, more reliable brand.

Edit: judging by the recording events in my timeline it seems that the devices cannot connect due to the recording that triggered the alert uploading. I would have expected the cameras to be capable of doing both at the same time… it certainly isn’t a limit from my internet bandwidth.

1 Like

Hey @KH1988. Please check out our Community post here which goes over a few things you can do to try to fix this error. In the event you find you are still having this concern, it may be a good idea to reach out to our support team for more advanced troubleshooting. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and share what you did to help this out! :slight_smile:

Thanks Chelsea,

I have already gone over this support article, hence mentioning my upload/download speeds and the signal strength of all of my devices.

Is there a support email I can use? Telephone is not particularly effective I have found in the past.

1 Like

@KH1988 Awesome, I had a hunch with the way you worded things, but wanted to make sure. Appreciate your due diligence there! :slight_smile:

We did previously have email support for our neighbors, but it has since been removed due to staffing restrictions from COVID-19. If you speak another language, we do have email support for French, German, and Dutch, but I know that is a bit of a stretch. I recommend calling whenever you have the most free time on your hands, and our phone support is available **5AM - 9PM PDT, seven days a week via phone. **

Hi Chelsea,

Seems like an *extremely* underhanded tactic by ring to “bully” you into a monthly subscription. As soon as I signed up to ring protect plus, this issue seemed to be resolved.

Question, why do ring use USD as the currency when subscribing through the UK site? Many banks in the UK charge a conversion fee so surely ring should be selling in the UK in GBP, not USD???

@KH1988 I appreciate your feedback on this, and I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate teams for you. If you go to Ring.com and purchase a plan, this may be why you see it in USD, as the website for the UK is https://en-uk.ring.com/. If you go to the appropriate website link and log in and go to purchase the plan, it should keep it in the appropriate currency for your area so that you do not have to worry about a conversion fee or troubles. If you find you’ve been charged in USD and/or have a conversion for this, please follow up with our support team on this too!

Hi Chelsea,

I 100% logged in to en-uk.ring.com and navigated to the plans. All information pages were in GBP but as soon as I hit the purchase pages it went to USD.

I also get the “next payment” showing in USD when I log in to my account on en-uk website.

@KH1988 Thank you for letting me know that’s happening! It should definitely show in GBP, so my **apologies that it is not on your end. If you have not already, I do encourage you to reach out to our support team when you have a chance so that they can make this adjustment on your account to avoid any further confusion and errors when it comes to billing your account! **

I have 1GB ethernet and I have the exact same issue. If my phone is on my wifi and I get a notification there is motion on one of my cameras and then use my phone to try to connect, it never works. However if I turn off the wifi and try have my phone on the cellular network, it will work fine. It is like Ring won’t let your phone connect to them from the same IP as a camera that is sending recordings to Ring at the same time.