Floodlight Cam - sound cuts in and out

I have a floodlight cam installed. The video works perfectly, but the sound cuts in and out. When I go to live mode and listen, it picks up like every other word of someone talking.

Is this a hardware problem? Or is there soemthing I can check on the device?

Hey @Grif5890. Could you share a video example of what this looks like? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

I am also having this exact problem. Here’s a video from tonight: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jUPSdmVtt8VRzZ4HA

Hey @justinnyc, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. What is the RSSI on the Device Health screen for your Camera? Sometimes audio issues can be signal related, so it’s good to rule that out as a potential cause. Additionally, I’d recommend checking out this Help Center Article here, geared specifically towards fixing audio issues via router settings.

Thanks Chelsea! Just cheked the RSSI and it’s 62. Firmware is up to date. I have good coverage around my house/yard, with gigabit speeds. (averaging around 80mbps up and down). Anything else that I should do? Maybe a factory reset or should I try re-adding to my network?

@justinnyc Thanks for letting me know. The RSSI is a bit on the higher end which could be contributing to these audio concerns you’re experiencing. I’d recommend checking out this Help Center Article on RSSI and how to improve it here. You can also definitely try a factory reset of the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s done, you’ll want to navigate to the Device Health screen and select the Reconnect to WiFi option to walk through a new setup.