Floodlight Cam lost Internet Connection - Can't bring back online

My floodlight cam lost the internet connection. The router has been problematic (and is old) so I have replaced it. In the course of trying to get the cam back online, I am now stuck to the point where the Internet connection process fails. It continues to say “cannot join Ring Setup WiFi.” It then give me the option to join manually but Ring Setup is not listed in the WIFI options.

If I were to setup as a new device, it requires me to scan the barcode on the camera, but it’s mounted against the house so I don’t think I can get to the barcode and I don’t have the original packaging.

At this point, what are my options for getting this working. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey @FH1! With the Ring setup access point not showing in that stage of setup, I recommend double checking that the Cam is entering setup mode when you press the setup button. There should be an LED indicating setup mode, as well as an audible “setup mode” announcement. If the setup continues to fail at this step in the app, try resetting the Cam by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds.

To clarify also, you will only need to connect to the “Ring-setup” access point mid way through the setup process in the app, whereas the final step for connecting to your network is going to be for connecting to your home wifi network. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI Marly,

Thanks for the reply. I did what you recommended and I was able to get it back online. It took a few attempts, but I got it done.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Good to hear. Sometimes it’s worth trying the setup with a different phone/tablet.

1 Like

i have this exact problem, but holding down the set up button for 20 seconds did not solve the problem, i have the Spot light cam and the light on the bottom is flashing,which indicates its in set up mode, but the connecting address wont show up on my wifi list

I have the exact same issue. It’s lost connection. I’ve tried the 20 second hold and it doesn’t pick up anything at all. It doesn’t even list ring as a wifi option to set up as a new device ?‍♀️

Hey neighbors! If a reset does not resolve this concern, the best next step will be to reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. Feel free to let us know how it goes!

Help. I uninstalled a Ring flood cam. Because was having difficulty getting it to connect. To reconnect I had to use a WR Code. It keeps showing me a picture of where the QR code is on the camera, but this camera does not have a QR code. What is the back up process to set up a camera with no QR code?

Hi @user45164. There should be a QR code on the back of the Floodlight Cam. If you’re unable to get your Floodlight Cam setup, please follow up with our support team to see what options are available. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.