Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight Cam lost Internet Connection - Can't bring back online

SOLVED
Highlighted
FH
New Neighbor

Floodlight Cam lost Internet Connection - Can't bring back online

My floodlight cam lost the internet connection. The router has been problematic (and is old) so I have replaced it. In the course of trying to get the cam back online, I am now stuck to the point where the Internet connection process fails. It continues to say "cannot join Ring Setup WiFi." It then give me the option to join manually but Ring Setup is not listed in the WIFI options.

If I were to setup as a new device, it requires me to scan the barcode on the camera, but it's mounted against the house so I don't think I can get to the barcode and I don't have the original packaging.

At this point, what are my options for getting this working. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Floodlight Cam lost Internet Connection - Can't bring back online

Hey @FH! With the Ring setup access point not showing in that stage of setup, I recommend double checking that the Cam is entering setup mode when you press the setup button. There should be an LED indicating setup mode, as well as an audible "setup mode" announcement. If the setup continues to fail at this step in the app, try resetting the Cam by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds.

To clarify also, you will only need to connect to the "Ring-setup" access point mid way through the setup process in the app, whereas the final step for connecting to your network is going to be for connecting to your home wifi network. Let me know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
FH
New Neighbor

HI Marly,

Thanks for the reply. I did what you recommended and I was able to get it back online. It took a few attempts, but I got it done.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Good to hear. Sometimes it’s worth trying the setup with a different phone/tablet.