Floodlight Cam is Dead/unresponsive with batteries fully charged

Bought a new Floodlight Cam in Feb 2020. By end of late April, it is dead. I have two batteries, and yes both charged to full capacity. When I insert and try to power on nothing happens. There is a red light in the battery bay when the batteries are inserted. Both batteries show full charge when externally charging them. I was really liking the Ring ecosystem that I have started here, but at this point, I’m not a happy camper with this flood cam. Anyone else dealing with a completely dead unit? Were you able to bring it back to life? Looking for some help before I literally have to throw a couple of hundred dollars in the garbage.

Thanks

Chris

Hey @chrisaal41. Are you referencing the Spotlight Cam, not the Floodlight Cam? Just wanted to make sure this is the case, as you mentioned batteries and the Floodlight Cam does not have batteries (unless you are talking about the Ring Smart Lighting system, but that Floodlight does not have a camera). In the event you meant the Spotlight Cam, I have some helpful tips for you!

At this time, if your Spotlight Camera will not reconnect or complete a setup, please attempt the following:

• Ensure both of your batteries are fully charged (if you have two), or has been charging for several hours.
  • Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed.
  • Press the setup button on the Cam and complete the setup in the Ring app.
  • If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable VPN, and have your wifi router close to your Camera (if possible). You can also see if you can set up the device on another Ring app on another phone you can log into.
  • If lights do not indicate setup mode on the Spotlight Cam, or setup is not completing, perform a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds and try the setup again.

If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have the identical issue. The fully charged batteries when inserted have zero effect on the spotlight cam. No indicator lights and nothing when I press the top button to join the network. My unit is out of warranty so did Ring give you a solution when you called them?

Exact same issue here too. Spotlight cam worked for about three months and is now completely dead. No amount of charging or resetting or reconnecting is working. A bit annoyed by how difficult it is to get a response from Ring too. Customer service via email should not be suffering to this degree because of COVID, it’s not like I’m asking somebody to visit my house.

I am having he same problem and my ring is only 3 months old. There is no respond from Ring. They have our money but don’t want to support there product. I have 4 ring devices this is the only one with a battery. I have no problem selling the other 3 on ebay and getting something.

No response?
Try reading these for support.
Information on customer support below.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

I have this exact Same issue. When I go back and look at the video there was a high-pitched whine in the video feed right before it cut out and then nothing. When I insert freshly charged batteries into the unit I get two red lights staring back at me from the battery casing. I’ve tried email support multiple times Also tried the phone route where they asked me to try a hard reset and then we got cut off. Hard reset does nothing. Seem 2 red lights. Finally got disgusted and went out and brought a wired unit which has been up and operational with no issues. I am out all of the money for the wireless, and the extra battery I was really hoping that rung would step Up And make the issue right, but so far I have had no luck. I literally had this unit running from Unboxing for about 60 days before it died. Considering switching to another ecosystem. At this point I’m marginally invested with ring security, doorbell and a couple of cameras. Don’t get me wrong it’s not the product that I’m frustrated with, it’s the lack of Follow up from Ring thss that has me questioning my Willingness to commit to further additions.

None of this worked including trying to call customer service. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement.

Hi neighbors. Thanks for reaching out to us with this concern. We are committed to making sure that your Ring Products are operating to the best of their ability. Our main avenue of support is through our phones. Unless you are directly emailing a support agent, you may not get a response due to our COVID-19 staffing. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

That link does not give an Australian contact for this problem, can you please point me toward it?

Hi @Roboton. Click on the Contact Us at the bottom of the screen for the support number in your region.