Floodlight Cam internal wiring.

I am concerned about the internal wiring of Floodlight Cam.
Can someone please look at this wiring? The brown wire does not go to the terminal block as shown in all connection diagrams and videos.
There is a very thin black wire going into the block but looks too small to take mains voltage.
Can someone reassure me that it is wired correctly internally and safe to connect to mains? Thanks Phil.

Hi @Phil_G. You can find installation instructions for the Floodlight Cam in our Help Center Article here. If you’re still unsure after that, I’d suggest following up with our support team so they can take a look and help you with the more detailed questions. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn_Ring,
Thank you for your reply but I don’t think I explained very well. I am confident to connect to the Floodlight Cam.
My issue is with the internal wiring of the unit I have received.
Is it possible for technical support to contact me (or me to contact them)? Preferably they will be familiar with the UK units.
Many thanks
Phil

@Phil_G No worries, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Phil did you get this fixed? My camera came wired the same way

Hi Jon,
No satisfactory response from Ring.

However, having seen replies to questions on Amazon, the consensus was all the UK units are wired this way, so I have installed it this weekend and, so far, it is working.
I am still extremely concerned about having to connect mains to such a thin black wire which contradicts Ring installation documentation and videos.

I feel Ring should clarify or confirm this is safe and acceptable.

Received my Floodlight Cam (UK) a couple of days ago and I’m equally worried about this.

Spoke to an electrician and he said it would be very unwise to channel mains power through such a thin wire.

Hi Mikey2020,
From your picture I can see that our units are wired identically. I am an electronics engineer and we certainly wouldn’t allow this in our systems, hence my great concern.
Personally I suspect the brown and black wires are reversed and the units are at best potentially faulty and at worst dangerous.
As Ring have still not confirmed or commented on the status I think I shall try and take this further.

@Mikey2020 please see reply (forgot to use @ in post)

Hi Phil

I called Ring and spoke to a chap in customer services. As expected, he couldn’t give me any specific advice other than if the floodlight cam fails, they’d replace it.

Please keep us posted on your findings if you take it further.

Many thanks

did you end up installing with the live from mains pairing against the small black cable going into the live connector box?

I am also concerned about the long term safety.
Simply does not look correct.

I have tried to speak to RING support but it’s impossible. I am not at all happy with this wiring and I don’t care what they say, there is no way that amount of voltage should be passing through this little black wire. I am going to return mine for a refund and give RING a terrible Review as this might be the only way they actually make any effort to give advice. Very very disappointed in an Amazon company who normally pride themselves on customer service.