cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight Cam has been flickering/strobing for several days

SOLVED
New Neighbor

Floodlight Cam has been flickering/strobing for several days

The floodlight cam started to flash/strobe a coup leof weeks ago. I have tried everything from checking wiring, to reseting, to a device health report. Nothing seems to fix it and the light intensity is becoming very weak to the point that I have turned off the light to stop annoying the neighbors.

Based on what I found on the web, there is not fix to this as the LED elements are not replaceable. I have seen DIY videos on YouTube where people buy a cheap floodlight and replace the entire optical assemblies, which seems crazy to me.

has anyone found a different solution? Is there an option to get a replacement unit and return the one that has failed?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Floodlight Cam has been flickering/strobing for several days

Hi @Mauro! It sounds like you've covered all the right steps for this to work properly. The only variable I would add to check here, is that you do not have a specialty switch or dimmer switch controlling this Floodlight power. Otherwise, our support team will certainly be able to assist further with this by phone. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Hi @Mauro! It sounds like you've covered all the right steps for this to work properly. The only variable I would add to check here, is that you do not have a specialty switch or dimmer switch controlling this Floodlight power. Otherwise, our support team will certainly be able to assist further with this by phone. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you Marley. I checked for switches but the floodlight wiring is connected to the main panel.  I will contact support. Thank you.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same problem wit my floodlight camera light flickering constantly.  How did you resolve the problem?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue.  I was told it was out of warranty and I would be allowed to purchase another one at 35% off.  Camera and IR work still.  Waste of money for something that should be fixable.  They say there lights are good for 10 years.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having same issue, is there a number to talk to someone?!? These prompts are the worst
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! If you're still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am also experiencing the same issue. It is connected to the panel. I was also told that these bulbs will work for 10 years, but they failed within a year and a half. Given the number of such reports here and on Amazon forum, I would consider this a manufacturing defect.