Floodlight Cam event video stuck at some point so we cannot see anything

Recently we noticed that very often times the recorded event video was stuck at some point, which means it missed very important event monitoring.

For example, someone entered our backyard on 4/29/2020 7:22AM, camera started to record 2 seconds before the event, however, since 00:04, the video was stuck until 00:50 seconds, it was just a still frame. We lost all event monitoring during this time period.

This also happended when yesterday a mailman came to front door to drop off a package, the video was stuck we could not see what happened.

I tried to download the video and it was the same, so nothing relates to network when watching the video.

This is a very serious issue since camera did not capture important video.

Sorry to hear about his @firexl! If you are noticing video freezing on multiple occasions, the best place to start will be with connection variables. An efficient RSSI, or wifi signal strength will ensure for optimal video and communication of such. Check out our Community post which explains a good versus poor RSSI and how to optimizing wifi signal strength to your Ring devices.

In addition to wifi connection, mobile device and Ring app connection is also important to check. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, as well as ensure that bluetooth and VPN is disabled on the phone. If you are using android, I recommend looking for any Android apps that might conflict with the Ring app. If this concern persists, our support team is happy to assist with more in-depth troubleshooting! :slight_smile:

This happened again today, the video was freezing for seconds when a child running by our front yard.

We will check RSSI later, however to be reasonable, wifi connection should not interrupt video recording. This is security camera, it should have local storage to handle network or power hiccups, or how can we account on it to report emergency?

Regarding to the second paragraph you mentioned, I don’t think there is anything to do with mobile apps. Actually we install Ring app on multiple machines which include windows, ipad (ios), macbook and a few android phones. The video itself was freezing, it has nothing to do with the machine which views it.

Hey @firexl. Stepping in for Marley! Please do let me know what your Device Health page looks like, as it will detail your RSSI and may help us pinpoint where this lag is coming from. In addition, could you share one of these videos with us so we can see it? If you get a share link from texting it or emailing it, you can share that url here! In addition, you can save the video, compress it into a zip file, and add it as an attachment in a reply here as well. :slight_smile: