Floodlight Cam Wired to Additional Lights?

I’ve purchased the Floodlight Cam and between reading the instructions and looking at the current setup I’m wondering if it will work.

Currently I have a lightwitch that powers a motion sensor which controls two exterior lights. So, lightswitch on -> sensor -> lights

I had intended for the floodlight cam to replace the sensor (prior to realizing that it wasn’t contant on) however looking at the wiring on the cam it doesn’t appear that there is a way to do this without ‘altering’ the factory wiring.

Eg lightswitch -> floodlight/cam -> lights also.

I have no issues if I need to leave the switch on at all times, but there doesn’t seem to be a straightforward method for wiring.

Is that a correct assumption or am I wrong? Should I just return the floodlight cam and get the motion sensor cam?

Hi @AmazinSquirrel. Based on the setup that you’re describing, it may be best for you to consult a licensed electrician to look at the wiring and determine if the Floodlight Cam would be a good fit here. If the Floodlight Cam is wired to a junction box that is controlled by a light switch, the light switch would need to be on all the time in order for the Cam to receive power.

If you’d prefer not to mess with any of the existing wiring and don’t need the view from a Camera, you can look into our Smart Lighting options such as the Solar Floodlight and the Floodlight Battery. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile: