cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight Cam - Purple Tint

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Floodlight Cam - Purple Tint

Hello! For months now our floodlight cam video has a purple tint to it. I’ve tried all of the turn it off and back on, disconnecting it completely from power, none of the trouble shooting I have tried has worked. I saw some people say that a filter is stuck and it requires more involvement of taking the light apart. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and If you were able to fix it. I don’t know if I’d still be covered under any type of warranty as I’ve had the cam awhile but I hate to spend all that money on a new one.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Floodlight Cam - Purple Tint

Hey @megandamon4. Could you show us a screenshot of what this purple tint looks like? Another step you can try is to removing the Camera from your account, reset it by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, and then setting it up again. Please ensure you save all videos you may need, as they will be gone when you delete the camera from your account. Let me know if that steps also helps out! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’ve been having a purple tint on my floodcam for a while also. I did the reset by deleting it and pushing the reset button and reinstalling, but it’s still purple.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My Floodlight Cam has a distinct yellow tint.  I've had it installed for 13 months.  Went through all the steps, and it's still not fixed for working correctly.

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors! If you've already attempted the reset steps suggested above to no avail, this may require a close look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Something like this?!? Did anyone find a fix for this or does it mean replace? (The purple areas should be bright green)