Floodlight Cam - No sound

I installed a new Ring Floodlight Cam in the winter of 2019. When I first installed it, everything worked fine as advertised. Now, for the most part everything is working fine but no sound is being emitted. If I activate the siren from my phone to test it, the floodlights come on and the light underneath blinks, but no sound is coming from the device, so I know it connects fine with my phone and the emergency sequence is activated on the device. Also, when I try to use the talk feature, no sound can be heard coming from the device. It sounds like the speaker in it is not working.

Any idea what could have caused this and how to fix it?

Hey @Behrkatt. It does indeed sound like the speaker is not working! No worries, you can have this addressed with our support team. If you can, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this call goes, as your response may help other neighbors that may run into this concern!