Floodlight Cam Night Vision no longer works

@leecollings Awesome, I hope to hear that it’s working when tonight comes around, but please keep me posted. If the IR filters have failed, I believe you will need to get the whole unit replaced! Our support team here can verify this for you if you find it’s not working still, as well as do advanced troubleshooting to try to get it working. They will also let you know if you are still within warranty or still have a warranty (through a Plus Plan for example) to get it replaced if need be. Let me know how everything goes! :slight_smile:

an update here, I was hopeful that when it started getting dark I could see the red IR leds on the camera (see attachment). Are these the IR leds I can see?

But after waking up this morning and checking the camera during the night, it’s clearly still not working as the picture is pitch black until the next morning when the sun starts coming up (see attachment).

I don’t really want to spend ages on the phone with a support line (I don’t call support lines anyway…).

Based on my photos, what would you further suggestions be?

@leecollings Thank you so much for the update on this! It does indeed look like the IR filter is not working to allow you to have a picture that is not pitch black at night. At this time, if you have done all three things I outlined for you here, it would be best to reach out to our support team for further help. When you give them a call, I highly recommend to have them reference this Community thread (you may have to send it to them somehow when on the phone with them), so that they can reference the pictures and the steps you’ve already taken. From there, they are preform any additional troubleshooting steps needed, and if not able to get it fixed, will work out the best next steps for you. :slight_smile:

I do apologize you have to call in for this and we were unable to get it resolved here, but I would love to hear what happens so please let me know!

1 Like

Hi, is there any update on this? I’ve got a further video showing that when I tap the camera, the screen fills itself pink (up to half way), then with more tapping, disappears.

The picture still doesn’t work at night. Is this a software issue, or is my camera broken?

If it’s broken how can I arrange to have Ring replace it for me because I don’t expect after paying this much for a security device for it to break not so far in the future, and render itself useless.

PS tried to attach an MP4 video but for some reason you’re not letting me. So how can I show you what’s happening as I can’t chat or email anyone now? (Very unhappy Ring customer)

@leecollings Happy to hear back from you, but I’m sorry to hear this is still a concern. As previously mentioned in my last reply, I do recommend reaching out to our support team directly on this concern. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum we are unable to do in-depth troubleshooting with your specific device, but our support team on the phone can definitely assist here.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I would still love to see this video though, so please feel free to share it here and let me know how this support call goes! When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

1 Like

This is ridiculous. I don’t physically have the time to sit on phone support to go through this all again and be told to try the basic steps that I’m way past.

I have two children to look after constantly, and would really appreciate to be able to lodge this as a ticket over email so this can be investigated whenever suits your team as well as myself. This is NOT something that can be fixed over the phone I’ve already made that clear.

Why do you have no support channels online??? What’s the point of this forum if there’s no solution other than to call Ring?

This isn’t good enough, and you need to provide another solution that works for me.

2 Likes

Hi @leecollings - I’m sorry to hear you are so frustrated. The Community, being primarily a neighbor - to - neighbor forum, is unable to assist much further, without in-depth troubleshooting and looking into your account. We are sorry about that. I understand that you do not have time to call in, so may I suggest reaching out to our social sites such as Facebook or Twitter? Both are available for Direct Message, which should fit your schedule. Please let me know if that works for you as I know a team member is more than eager to assist where we can. Thank you!

1 Like

Can you please supply me with a customer service email address I can have a conversation with someone and provide all my evidence of my faulty product please?

This is absolutely insane that you are ofering no support for a device I’ve paid hundreds of pounds for, that now doesn’t work correctly, and you’re doing nothing about.

I don’t have Facebook or Twitter so require an email address (especially if this forum isn’t the place to get support from Ring from, and given that they are clearly no longer offering support via the app).

This is making me a very angry Ring customer, should I even stay with you or go somewhere else if you’re not willing to look after your customers?

1 Like

@leecollings We do not have email support at this time. You will need to call into our support team to have further device troubleshooting on this concern. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the same situation and 1 out of 7 are not working correctly like this post, I did do the reset and it worked briefly. Will try again but it would be nice to be able to reboot the camera from the app like any other ip based camera

I’m having same issue. Installed 2 flood light cams from Lowe’s. One worked flawlessly. One has issue w night vision enabling on its own and color night vision.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. I am having the same issue. Why can’t they actually help us?

I have the same issue. No solutions offered. Poor customer service

1 Like

Same issue here and followed all steps . Will be calling later

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issues. What’s the solution? Did the previous mentioned steps work?
This is a approx $300 camera. You are trying to tell me that after 3yrs it doesn’t work?! I shouldn’t have to pay for a new camera if this is the issue

2 Likes

I’m having same issues! In fact I’ve already switched my doorbell due to constant issues and I’m about had it with the floodlight. It was already swapped out for warranty once about a year ago now can’t see night vision and I’m sure it’s just past warranty and I don’t time have to play there games try this or that and works for maybe a day and does it again from what I’ve read it’s probably the IR light unit that went out. For the price I pay for there products they should last longer then then do.

Hey leecollings

I don’t know if you got your camera fixed or replaced by ring. I had the same problem with the picture turning ping and after a few taps, it returned to normal. This is a weekly process if not daily. I now noticed the IR went off, so I tapped it again and it came on. Hope this information helped. And yes, customer service takes a long time cause they constantly place you on hold and answer other calls.

Good luck

I am having the same issue. Following for an answer to try to fix this situation. My floodlight camera is useless at night, which is the whole purpose of the camera.

Hi neighbors! The night vision on your Floodlight Cam should kick in when it is dark enough outside. If the night vision is not activating when it’s dark, here are three different things to try to see if this helps fix this concern:

• Power cycle the Floodlight Cam by turning off power to the breaker and then turning it back on after a minute.
  • Reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds.
  • When it is dark outside, flash a light into the camera to see if you can trigger the IR filter to pop up when the light is then pulled away. If it is dark enough outside, the night vision should be able to kick in.

If the night vision still does not work after trying these troubleshooting steps, our support team can assist with taking a more in-depth look at your Floodlight Cam. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi same issue no IR have followed instructions
Is there a remote interrogation of devices to ascertain whether I require replacement unit
As is under warranty?