cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight Cam Lights coming on constantly

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Floodlight Cam Lights coming on constantly

Same issue, worked fine, now lights seem to be on all the time.

Come on Ring, fix the firmware!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Because now I have to turn my security camera off every night before the bloke behind me beats my head in because this stupid lights is constantly shines in his liverroom window. What a waste of £250. New I should of stuck to swann cctv
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here.  Just started happening a few weeks ago.  I updated the firmware still the same problem.  Sucks

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just bought two today. Lights just keep going on right after they shut off. I had to adjust to minimum, but now I have to be nearly under the unit to get the light to turn on
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Noticed it a while ago but as the floodlight is on the side of the house with only bathroom windows I don't see it often.

Sometimes the light goes back on every 3 or 4 seconds after it's just timed out. Luckily only my neighbours gardens are affected but this is pretty poor!

I've reduced the distance to minimum and like everyone else I have no motion detected, nothing visible on camera but it still goes off! Terrible!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here. Just purchased direct from Ring a few days ago. Lights going on and no events or indication as to why. Turned the light zones to minimum. Any updates on this?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same problem where randomly lights turn on.  Installed last summer have had continious problem with lights randomly turning on.  Lately (after firmware update?) random turn on seems to be better as the lights turn on maybe three or four times per night compared to before lights would turn on 10-15-20 times per night.  There now apprears to be a delay of 1-2 seconds after motion is detected before lights turn on.  Still not right but at least tolerable.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has anyone found a fix to this? My cam has started doing the same thing after I installed it 3 months ago, just noticed this evening that it is constantly coming on for no reason. I’ve troubleshooted and amended the sensor area but I’m puzzled that it’s become an issue all of a sudden when it’s been fine for 3 months in all weather conditions. I really don’t think it’s a firmware issue, something ring really needs to sort out.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My floodlight is also from Oct 2019 but we just installed last week. I replaced an older style flood light with Ring floodlight. My old light only came on when detecting motion. Ring was coming on constantly or staying on.

I’ve adjusted the light settings and am hopeful that tonight the light only comes on if it detects motion. Thanks for the tip about light settings. I haven’t mastered all the bells and whistles yet and thought motion and light sensors were all tied together. Good to know! Thanks!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue. I noticed it only happens when it gets dark enough infrared to active. When this happens, the floodcam camera wireless when offline for 20 seconds, then it came back. During this time the floodlight came on until the Internet is functioning. Then the whole thing happens again... I believe the infrared interferes with the wifi. Hope Ring either replace the bad unit for everyone or update the firmware.