Floodlight Cam Lights coming on constantly

My wife and i were going to go full Ring security system 2 more floodlight cams 3 stick up cams even if we decide to stick with Ring the floodlights are out until they address this obvious problem not only have they not addressed or taken ownership of this ongoing problem they also have the problem of when you exit the live view on the floodlight cams the floodlights come on and you have to manually turn them off my neighbors are not real happy with Ring either my lights face their property
This is the only way we are going to get this fixed im highly disappointed that a company as big as Ring isnt taking more responsibility for bugs and fixes
I dont want to jump ship i have had no problems with my doorbell cam but im not sticking with a company that has a known issue and puts profit above customer service my humble opinion good luck Ring family keep us updated stay safe and healthy

1 Like

Same. Installed yesterday and the light does not turn off Overnight despite all settings adjustments. Wish I saw the forum before I bought. Will be returning.

I’m having the same issue. The first month I had it, all was well. Now, the lights keep coming on even throughout the day. I’ve tried everything, all the suggestions here and still coming on. Can I return it for a new one? I’ve had to turn it off because it’s irritating the neighbors…and me! The one in the backyard, purchased at the same time, is working perfectly.

Seem many are having issues with the lights. Mine keep turning on and off even on a bright sunny day. They tell me to reset everything and smaller zones. Still having the same problem. I just hope ring in working on this problem. Especially since once the lights burn out your done.

I am having the same issue. The light goes off for 30 seconds then turns itself back on. This annoys the heck out of neighbors and I. Only solution so far is to turn the unit off completely and loose all security functionality.

Same issue, worked fine, now lights seem to be on all the time.

Come on Ring, fix the firmware!

2 Likes

So does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Because now I have to turn my security camera off every night before the bloke behind me beats my head in because this stupid lights is constantly shines in his liverroom window. What a waste of £250. New I should of stuck to swann cctv

Same here. Just started happening a few weeks ago. I updated the firmware still the same problem. Sucks

Just bought two today. Lights just keep going on right after they shut off. I had to adjust to minimum, but now I have to be nearly under the unit to get the light to turn on

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Noticed it a while ago but as the floodlight is on the side of the house with only bathroom windows I don’t see it often.

Sometimes the light goes back on every 3 or 4 seconds after it’s just timed out. Luckily only my neighbours gardens are affected but this is pretty poor!

I’ve reduced the distance to minimum and like everyone else I have no motion detected, nothing visible on camera but it still goes off! Terrible!!

Same here. Just purchased direct from Ring a few days ago. Lights going on and no events or indication as to why. Turned the light zones to minimum. Any updates on this?

Same problem where randomly lights turn on. Installed last summer have had continious problem with lights randomly turning on. Lately (after firmware update?) random turn on seems to be better as the lights turn on maybe three or four times per night compared to before lights would turn on 10-15-20 times per night. There now apprears to be a delay of 1-2 seconds after motion is detected before lights turn on. Still not right but at least tolerable.

Has anyone found a fix to this? My cam has started doing the same thing after I installed it 3 months ago, just noticed this evening that it is constantly coming on for no reason. I’ve troubleshooted and amended the sensor area but I’m puzzled that it’s become an issue all of a sudden when it’s been fine for 3 months in all weather conditions. I really don’t think it’s a firmware issue, something ring really needs to sort out.

My floodlight is also from Oct 2019 but we just installed last week. I replaced an older style flood light with Ring floodlight. My old light only came on when detecting motion. Ring was coming on constantly or staying on.

I’ve adjusted the light settings and am hopeful that tonight the light only comes on if it detects motion. Thanks for the tip about light settings. I haven’t mastered all the bells and whistles yet and thought motion and light sensors were all tied together. Good to know! Thanks!

I have the same issue. I noticed it only happens when it gets dark enough infrared to active. When this happens, the floodcam camera wireless when offline for 20 seconds, then it came back. During this time the floodlight came on until the Internet is functioning. Then the whole thing happens again… I believe the infrared interferes with the wifi. Hope Ring either replace the bad unit for everyone or update the firmware.

So it seems the only solution I’ve found is to deactivate the MOTION ZONES for LIGHTS inside the Light Settings. This is the only way to retain the cameras “ability” to at least detect motion and alert you without having to actually turn the whole thing off completely. Unfortunately this means it no longer is a floodlight security camera and acts as just another dire elk camera. It worked fine for months so what happened? Was there a silent firmware update? Does anyone know if the devices auto-update without our knowledge? Maybe we can revert the update if that was the problem! I’m so sick of this issue! If I have any motion zones for the lights active, even minimized to the 140 degrees to match the cameras filed of view sensor instead of the full 270 degrees that the lights field of view is, this reduction still doesn’t aid in stopping the light from coming on on its own! I’m going to contact the support team and try to figure this out.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. Was working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. Light comes on for the 30 seconds setting, goes off and then back on immediately. Nothing makes it stop the cycle. Unhappy neighbors. Need to get this resolved.

2 Likes

Ok guys. Disable your modes for your sensor in the application. We have been having this issue for about 24 hours now. I’ve been all over this thread. Randomly fixed by disabling the away and home modes.

6 Likes

Hey Ring, how about creating a button in the app that can turn the lights on & off when needed. Just like turning an alarm system on & off. Then we can sit outside & enjoy our backyards without such annoyance.

2 Likes

You are the best. Thankyou… this stopped my light from coming on… Hey Ring…if you read this you owe this guy a free subscription…he figured out how to fix this, even if temporary …which is way more than youve done. I was about to smaah mine off the wall and throw it in the dumpster. Thx morris