Floodlight Cam Lights coming on constantly

I changed the sensor area to eliminate coverage of the air conditioner, and that worked for me. It seems the motion sensor was picking up on the fan blades being turned by the wind, even when the AC unit was not working.

1 Like

I also have had the problem with my floodlight cam light constantly turning off and on. After reading this forum, I agree with LeeA. Just to the left of my floodlight cam, I have a window AC unit, that is for my closed-in patio, and I had it running. After reading LeeA’s post, I turned that A/C unit off, and my light ceased to cycle. This camera is on the same electric circuit as the floodlight cam, but it also is close to the floodlight cam. So, I don’t know which was contributing to the on/off sequence of the light, being on the same electric circuit or picking up some “signal” from the A/C unit, but turning the A/C unit off worked. Hope this helps.

Unbelievable. alllll the functionality and a super simple button to TURN OFF THE LIGHTS NO MATER WHAT does not exist… You guys succeed so well at so much of this. But this a HUGE FAIL… so I have flood lights in my back yard but if I want to hang out at night . I have to way of easily and consistently keeping the extremely bright light from coming on… so ridiculous.

5 Likes

Plus one all the way…so annoying

Did this ever get resolved. I had zero problems and at some point in last 6 months or so it started going off constantly. It literally goes on and off for hours with only a few seconds in between it turning on and off. There is no motion, and I have done all the typical troubleshooting (angle change, reducing range, turning off zones) and nothing works… I finally resorted to covering up the sensor on the light… still is going off at night…

I am convinced this is a firmware issue. That is the only thing that can explain why this didnt happen for over a year and a half and then all of a sudden started happening sround the same time so many of us have started having the issue.

7 Likes

Our floodlight is doing the exact same. Worked fine for months than seemingly overnight the light started coming on every 5 seconds for 30 seconds.

Followed the troubleshooting, adjusted floodlight angle, changed the light zone to minimum - still nothing is working. I agree with you on it being a firmware issue and hope that Ring fixes this ASAP.

3 Likes

Just installed one on my front drive. Having same problem. I adjusted the light zones to nearly minimum and that seemed to bring the constant on and off to a minimum
. I then went outside to see how close i had to get to have the lights turn on and i had to get to within 7 ft. Completely useless as a floodlight. I will be doing more adjustments over this weekend to see if i can find a useable solution.

3 Likes

I had two flood cam lights installed last fall. I am having the exact same issue described here in one of the two lights. The other one works fine. Began seeing this a few weeks ago. I have been playing with the settings with no luck. It makes the product kinda useless.

1 Like

Any solutions to this i just installed my floodlight last week and have the same issues tyvm

+1 million

Why can’t they trigger the lights on motion instead which aligns it with the notification until they make the real fix! Clearly a lot of customers have this problem. This is not the amazon way I am familiar with!

3 Likes

My wife and i were going to go full Ring security system 2 more floodlight cams 3 stick up cams even if we decide to stick with Ring the floodlights are out until they address this obvious problem not only have they not addressed or taken ownership of this ongoing problem they also have the problem of when you exit the live view on the floodlight cams the floodlights come on and you have to manually turn them off my neighbors are not real happy with Ring either my lights face their property
This is the only way we are going to get this fixed im highly disappointed that a company as big as Ring isnt taking more responsibility for bugs and fixes
I dont want to jump ship i have had no problems with my doorbell cam but im not sticking with a company that has a known issue and puts profit above customer service my humble opinion good luck Ring family keep us updated stay safe and healthy

1 Like

Same. Installed yesterday and the light does not turn off Overnight despite all settings adjustments. Wish I saw the forum before I bought. Will be returning.

I’m having the same issue. The first month I had it, all was well. Now, the lights keep coming on even throughout the day. I’ve tried everything, all the suggestions here and still coming on. Can I return it for a new one? I’ve had to turn it off because it’s irritating the neighbors…and me! The one in the backyard, purchased at the same time, is working perfectly.

Seem many are having issues with the lights. Mine keep turning on and off even on a bright sunny day. They tell me to reset everything and smaller zones. Still having the same problem. I just hope ring in working on this problem. Especially since once the lights burn out your done.

I am having the same issue. The light goes off for 30 seconds then turns itself back on. This annoys the heck out of neighbors and I. Only solution so far is to turn the unit off completely and loose all security functionality.

Same issue, worked fine, now lights seem to be on all the time.

Come on Ring, fix the firmware!

2 Likes

So does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Because now I have to turn my security camera off every night before the bloke behind me beats my head in because this stupid lights is constantly shines in his liverroom window. What a waste of £250. New I should of stuck to swann cctv

Same here. Just started happening a few weeks ago. I updated the firmware still the same problem. Sucks

Just bought two today. Lights just keep going on right after they shut off. I had to adjust to minimum, but now I have to be nearly under the unit to get the light to turn on

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Noticed it a while ago but as the floodlight is on the side of the house with only bathroom windows I don’t see it often.

Sometimes the light goes back on every 3 or 4 seconds after it’s just timed out. Luckily only my neighbours gardens are affected but this is pretty poor!

I’ve reduced the distance to minimum and like everyone else I have no motion detected, nothing visible on camera but it still goes off! Terrible!!