Floodlight Cam Light Motion Zones Won’t Stay Off

After I tap all the zones ‘off’ and save, the zones reset back to min sensitivity ‘on’.
I tried a hard rest of the floodlight cam, reinstalling the app, and reinstalling the device to the app, but nothing is working. Pls help, it is so annoying!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about this @DL11! It sounds like you’ve tried all the necessary steps. Please also check that the wifi signal strength to the Cam is optimal, and that bluetooth or VPN are disabled on your mobile device. If this does not resolve your concern, please reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

This has been happening to me for a week now. I cannot turn off the light sensor at all. the settings dont save.

2 Likes

Seems to be an issue with the app, but Ring can’t give a straight answer.

I called twice and the first time they told me to call back at night bc the lights won’t turn on during the day so there’s nothing they can do.

When i called again at night they said their ‘advanced troubleshooting’ was closed at 8pm…

So then they said to call late enough so the lights can turn on but before 8pm to speak with their ‘advanced troubleshooting’ department…

It has nothing to do with wifi signal strength, bluetooth, or vpn. I have had the lights up for a few weeks now and there was never an issue until a few days ago.

Everything else works fine, its just the light motion zones that won’t save in the ‘off’ position.

Yep. Exactly what’s happening to me. I think its an issue with the app. I use our telescope with the kids in the back yard and can’t turn off the lights. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

By the way. I have this issue with the spotlight cam so it must be an app problem.

2 Likes

Hopefully they fix it soon…

Sorry to hear this is persisting, neighbors. If the above steps did not help to resolve this concern, please try the following recommended steps in the Ring app:

1. Toggle your motion zones on.
  2. Trigger motion to save setting.
  3. Toggle motion zones back off.
  4. Trigger motion to save setting.
  5. Wait a few moments and attempt to trigger another motion.

In the meantime, we are sharing this feedback with our teams for further investigation.

Tried 3 times and it keeps reverting to this no matter what.

1 Like

Same is happening to me and it is driving me crazy. These devices need to be reliable. One day I can turn off the Motion Zones and Lights and now I can not turn it back on and none of the troubleshooting steps have helped. I have reset everything, reinstalled, did the trigger motion etc and nothing helps. It’s the only area that is doing this in the app and needs to be fixed ASAP. Instead of it reading saved it just spins then you go back to cameras main page and go back to motion zones for lights and it’s reverted back to whatever the previous setting was. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

I spoke with Ring again for a third time and they said they will post the status of this issue to the following link: http://status.ring.com/

If enough people are experiencing the same issue they will try to fix it so pls continue to post if you are having this same problem!

1 Like

They need to fix this issue ASAP. So ridiculous.

2 Likes

I wanted to add in that I have the opposite problem. For one of my two cameras, I am unable to turn the motion zones ON. They had been off on this one camera since initial install last year. Any combination of toggling any zone or distance fails to have any effect after saving and returning to that screen. I am still able to successfully change the amount of time that the lights stay on after activation, and voice command toggling of the lights works.

1 Like

I’m having this issue. Can not save the light setting and mine is set to off. This needs to be fixed asap as I have no light now.

1 Like

Same here. I’m using iOS everything up to date including app and one flood light cam won’t turn on while my backyard floodlight cam won’t turn off. It’s ridiculous.

Just to add to my previous comments. If you change the time the lights stay on for example changing it from thirty seconds to fifteen minutes I actually saves that setting but doesn’t save the setting for the zones and distance slider option.

I cannot get my floodlight to turn off either. Please fix !

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried adjusting the setting on my Samsung S10 and my iPad.

1 Like

I’ve tried various settings changes. Throughout the night my floodlight cam light goes off and on. So aggravating. On main settings page I’ve toggled the Lights off. I’ve also tried changing motion zones for the Lights…it will save one that I marked as Off but not another. No matter what I do, the lights go off and on all night when there is no motion.

1 Like