Flood Cam will not connect to wireless Wifi

Had to replace router over the weekend and trying to reconnect all of my devices.

The Ring Doorbell connected with no issues. Tried to connect the Floodlight Cam and says it is having problems,

This worked with the old router with no issues. I have a WiFi range extenter. I checked to see how good the signal is and it is 5 bars.

It is connecting to a 2.4 ghz wifi. None of my othere devices had any issues. I even tried another extender to see if it works but still no luck.

Does any one have any suggestions ?

More information, Turned off phone mobile data and check speed from close to the router and where the light is installed,

There is no drop in speed, also placed a wifi extender so there is no wifi issue.

Any suggestions?

Hey @rcwilson01 ! I recommend power cycling the Camera, to ensure it is not stuck in any mode, as well as bringing the router/ extender as close to the Floodlight Cam as possible, to establish connection. If it worked prior, I agree it should setup just the same as before. Please let us know how this works for you!

I cannot connect to my wifi. I tried to hard reset twice w no result. How close does the router need to be

I have a new xifinity advanced cable modem. The one you have to get if you get thier 1GB speed plan. Neither my new Ring camera or old Belkin Wemo light switches would connect to this modems 2.4G signal. I called the xfinity tech support and they couldnt help me.

To make a long story short. I connected my old Netgear N6200 Wifi Router to the xfinity modem. Once I did that I was able to connect my Ring camera and the belkin wemo light switches to the Netgear 2.4G signal without any problem! Now I have full access and control to both devices either at home or on the road.

The longer version: I ended up disabling the xfinity modems 2.4G signal and then disabled the netgears 5G signal. That way they wouldnt overlap and cause problems. Then I setup the netgears 2.4G signal to transmit on a 2.4G channel that didnt have any other traffic on it. As a side note I did the same for my Xfinity modem 5G signal too. Only reason I why I did this, is I am a certified Wi-Fi engineer for a major aerospace firm. Its amazing how many times litterally, “changing the channel” a customers wifi antennas are broadcasting on, to avoid overlap with other Wi-Fi antennas, resolves thier “slow” wifi issues.

Had to replace router over the weekend and trying to reconnect all of my devices.

The Ring Doorbell and Chimes Pro connected with no issues. Tried to connect the Floodlight Cam and says it is having problems,

Hey neighbors! If the previous suggestions offered in this thread do not resolve your concern, then it would be best for you to reach out to our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: