False Alerts On Wired Spot Cam

My 1 month old wired, up to date Spotlight Cam has started to give me phantom motion alerts. Last night between 11 pm and 3:23 am I was getting a motion alert between every 2-4 minutes. I have the people only alert set and it automatically sets the sensitivity to low. There was no wind (which shouldn’t even matter). The only thing moving was a spider web and some small insects flying by. The same thing happened a few nights ago as well. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I’ve done some troubleshooting on my own but am at a loss.

@Blaze wrote:

My 1 month old wired, up to date Spotlight Cam has started to give me phantom motion alerts. Last night between 11 pm and 3:23 am I was getting a motion alert between every 2-4 minutes. I have the people only alert set and it automatically sets the sensitivity to low. There was no wind (which shouldn’t even matter). The only thing moving was a spider web and some small insects flying by. The same thing happened a few nights ago as well. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I’ve done some troubleshooting on my own but am at a loss.

Spiders will trigger it even though people only is selected. I go round with a brush and remove spiders webs every few days

1 Like

I did it earlier. I hope you’re right. We’ll see what happens tonight. TXS