Don't Record when i'm at home

Hi everybody.

I’ve cams in my company and at home.

I don’t want record every time we have motion detect and when WE are at home or company.

Only when we leave company/home.

I can program notifications. But i find it’s very intrusive to record everytime.

I’ve seen on any post the “home mode”… But not deploy i think…

It’s an misunderstood of the app config ? or can’t we program cam to shutoff on certain hours ?

Thanks from france.

1 Like

Hi @Cyberswell! It sounds like you’ll find interest in our latest Modes feature. Keep in mind it is currently releasing to neighbors as we speak. Check out our Community post for more information on using Modes once available in your Ring app.

If you do not yet have Modes, I recommend trying out the motion snooze or motion scheduling settings in your Ring app. These will not prevent recordings, but will at least prevent notifications while you are home. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@Cyberswell wrote:

Hi everybody.

I’ve cams in my company and at home.

I don’t want record every time we have motion detect and when WE are at home or company.

Only when we leave company/home.

I can program notifications. But i find it’s very intrusive to record everytime.

I’ve seen on any post the “home mode”… But not deploy i think…

It’s an misunderstood of the app config ? or can’t we program cam to shutoff on certain hours ?

Thanks from france.

Hey

Just a suggestion…

Not ideal but what you can do in the meantime to stop any recordings is ste 1 motion zone to an area where you know there will be no motion ( i am testing a outdoor wired spotlight cam indoors) I have 1 motion zone setup facing the ceiling, i then have 2 zones covering an area i want it to cover… so when i am in the area of the cam (when at home) i have made those 2 motion zones inactive and made the 1 facing the ceiling active - So what happens is that it stops recording as there is no motion on the ceiling plus i get no notifications!

I have all the zones saved anyway so all i need to do is make the other 2 zones active when i want them to record any motion for example when i am not at home or when i am a sleep.

So far its working as it should be - also i have turned all the spotilight zones off so the cameras lights dont work now - as i dont need them on indoors (but suppose could set them up to work when i am a sleep).